Join your Voyages.golf tour hosts in July 2022 in the Emerald Isle as we tour Ireland’s East Coast. Due to high demand for our Scottish Highlands Tour after the 150th Open Championship, we are running this tour before The Open.
This escorted, luxury golf tour runs between 05 – 11 July 2022, and includes four rounds of golf, all transport, daily breakfast and meals where specified.
Your Ireland Golf Itinerary
Wednesday 06 July
- We arrive at Dublin International Airport for a group transfer to the Portmarnock Hotel near Dublin
- Dinner is included in the Jamesons Bar for our welcome reception
Thursday 07 July
- After breakfast at the hotel, we pick up our sticks and head to the links. Designed by Bernhard Langer, Portmarnock Links utilises natural dunes and undulating terrain to create an exciting, exhilarating golf journey.
- After golf, we head to Northern Ireland to check into the Slieve Donard Resort in Newcastle. This famous hotel with its recognisable spire under the Mountains of Mourne overlooks the Royal County Down golf course, rated the best in the world.
Friday 08 July
- Day three of this Irish golf trip sees us tee it up at Golf Digest’s World Best Golf Course: Royal County Down.
- Our tee-time is around midday so you will have a leisurely breakfast and enjoy a beach walk, the nearby Newcastle town, or simply relax until we walk over to the first tee, just a short walk from the hotel
Saturday 09 July
- After a full Irish breakfast at the hotel, we make a small journey along the coast to the nearby Ardglass Golf Club. Reputed to have the oldest Clubhouse in the world, it dates back to 1405 AD. Brick & mortar aside, the seaside golf course plays along elevated land that declines sharply into the sea, separated by dark basalt rock that characterises Northern Ireland; resembling the Giants’ Causeway.
- Expect a fun-filled round of golf on a shorter golf course that is all about excellent shot-making and admiration of the surroundings.
- Tonight we have our last night at the Slieve Donard Hotel.
Sunday 10 July
- Today we check-out of the hotel and set a course for the northwest, to Galgorm Castle Golf Club. Host of the Irish Open 2020 (winner John Catlin), the course offers some of the best parkland golf west of the Irish Sea.
- After golf, we make the 30-minute drive to Northern Ireland’s capital Belfast, where history is a little more discernable than most cities. Belfast is one of our Voyages.golf team members’ favourite cities!
- We check into the 5-star Merchant Hotel which offers boutique accommodations tucked into a quiet laneway in the Cathedral quarter.
- We leave this evening free to enjoy Belfast at your leisure. This is our last night in Ireland before heading to the land of the Scots for The Open Championship.
Monday 11 July
- Today we depart Northern Ireland and head to Edinburgh for Open week. Flights and luggage are included.
- This is where our tour ends. For those wishing to extend their stay and attend the 150th Open Championship, please see our parent company Events Travel’s packages here.
— End of Services –
I want to book this tour
This Ireland Golf Tour can be purchased on its own or we can customise your travel to add on extra requirements before or after the tour. Please contact us to book this tour, or see our full product together with Events Travel’s 150th Open Packages here.